Excursion to Musandam Khasab (10h)
- Important Info
Experience rich Omani culture on a traditional dhow cruise through the remarkable fjord landscape of Musandam. Spend an unforgettable day exploring the impressive white limestone mountains, an old British telegraph station and snorkeling in the pristine waters of the Arabian Gulf.
At a Glance
- Full day cruise in a traditional Omani dhow
- Explore the beautiful fjords of Musandam Khasab
- Swim or snorkel in the Arabian Gulf
- Savour an oriental lunch buffet
- Get a glimpse of telegraph island, beautiful beaches and the many caves hidden in the limestone mountains
What You Can Expect
Embark on a full day journey exploring the spectacular fjords of Musandam Peninsula abroad a motorized dhow boat.
Set off from the fishing port in Khasab past small fishing villages along the rugged white limestone cliffs, caves and beautiful bays. Discover the beauty of an area that is best accessed by sea with its breathtaking fjord landscape that has led to it being dubbed the “Norway of Arabia”.
Drop anchor near Telegraph Island, the British formerly used the small outcrop of rocks as a telegraph repeater station in 1864. Abandoned 5 years later, the island now lays deserted with only the crumbling ruins as a reminder.
Dive into the clear waters and enjoy a pleasant swim or even a bit of snorkeling. Sink your teeth into the picnic lunch that was prepared for you to enjoy along with plenty of refreshments and fruits. Be sure to keep an eye out for the dolphins you may spot swimming near the dhow on your cruise.
- Round-trip transportation on an air-conditioned bus
- Transfers – UAE/Musandam Dibba/UAE;
- Authorization/ Road Pass to cross the borders
- Full day cruise
- Delicious oriental buffet
- Snorkeling equipment and a towel
- Unlimited refreshments and fruits
- Access to shower facilities
- Music system on board.
Operation Days: Daily
Duration: 10 hours
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Dubai
Departure Time: 7:30 h
Return Time: 17 h
Tour Type: Private Land transfer/ Sharing Dhow
Know Before You Go
- Would recommend bringing snacks and refreshments for the transfer
- Bring spare change of clothes, towel and swimwear
- Passport needed for border crossing
- No additional fees payable at border
- A copy of passport will be required at least four days before the date of tour (excluding weekends) for entry permit application
- Alcohol (available on board at an additional price)
- Snacks and refreshments on the journey via land
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.