Classic Muscat (4h)
- Important Info
Get to know the capital of Oman on an exciting private half day city tour exploring Muscat's greatest highlights. Experience the unique Omani culture and sights on this engaging journey around the coastal city.
At a Glance
- Roam the grounds of the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Photo stop at the Royal Opera House
- Explore Old Muscat and see the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace
- Go to a local fish market, Bait Al Baranda Museum and Muttrah Souk
What You Can Expect
Visit one of the largest mosques in the world, the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Walk through the impressive prayer halls with its beautiful Swarovski chandelier and the large and finely hand-woven classical persian carpet. Drive through the diplomatic quarter on your way to Old Muscat where you will stop at the Sultan’s Al Alam Palace. Take plenty of photos of the colourful royal palace, which is flanked by the two Portuguese forts of Al Mirani and Al Jalali.
After, visit Bait Al Zubair Museum for an exploration of one of the largest heritage centres and permanent art collections in the country and serves as a real window on Oman’s rich heritage and culture. ethnological exhibits from private collections. Afterwards drive along the panoramic corniche to the local Fish Market and then Muttrah Souk, the oldest market in Oman. Stroll through the aromatic narrow alleys of the traditional marketplace as you barter for a bargain.
- Guided Tour
- Hotel Transfers
- Entrance fees
Days of Operation: Daily except Friday's
Duration: 4 hours
Meeting Point: Your hotel in Muscat
Departure Timings: 08:30 h
Tour Type: Private basis
Know Before You Go
- Dress code: loose long trousers or long skirt (for women), long sleeves and modestly covering cleavage
- No shorts and no tight or transparent clothing
- Women must cover their heads with a scarf, we recommend you bring your own headscarf
- Could arrange for a food stop
- This tour is suitable for families
All prices are based per vehicle and not per person.
- Saloon (upto 3 pax) - USD 168
- 4WD (up to 4 pax) - USD 253
- Van (up to 9 pax) - USD 289
- Food and drink
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.