Nizwa & Forts (10h)
- Important Info
Journey from Muscat through an ancient camel caravan trek in Fanja via the ruins of the village Birkat Al Mouz to Nizwa. Spend the day discovering forts, castles, a souk, a UNESCO World Heritage site and old Omani villages.
At a Glance
- See some of Oman's most significant forts and castles
- Explore the ruins of an old mountain village
- Discover a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Shop at a traditional Omani marketplace
What You Can Expect
Drive from Muscat past the Hajar mountains to the oases of Fanja and the old village of Birkat Al Mauz. Walk through the ruins of Birkat Al Mauz an old Omani village that sits at the base of Jebel Akhdar surrounded by an oases of beautiful lush palms.
The tour continues to the spiritual and cultural capital of Nizwa with a photo stop at Nizwa Fort and souq. Stroll along the alleys of Nizwa souq where you can buy spices, silver jewelry, frankincense, and intricately handmade khanjar daggers.
After, drive via Tanuf for a brief stop in the charming town of Bahla to visit Jabreen Castle, one of the most impressive forts in the Sultanate, before returning to Muscat.
- Full day private tour
- Entrance fees (Nizwa fort not included)
- Guided Tour
Operation Days: Saturday – Thursday
Duration: 10 hours
Departure Timings: 8.00 am
Meeting Point: Your hotel or accommodation in Muscat
Know Before You Go
- Private tour in a saloon, 4x4 or minibus
- Before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Will stop for food at a local spot (meal is at your own expense)
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, please dress conservatively
- Tour is not available on Friday
- Nizwa fort entrance tickets
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.