Off-road in the Hajar Mountains (8h)
- Important Info
Fasten your seatbelts for a whirlwind off-roading voyage in the Hajar Mountains and interior region of Oman. Glimpse into the culture and history of Omani’s and adventure through some the country’s most incredible terrains and landmarks.
At a Glance
- Roam the grounds and rooms of an 18th century fort and a castle
- Meet locals at the traditional market
- Experience the fascinating Omani culture, history and heritage
- Embark on an exhilarating 4WD journey through the mountains
- Discover mysterious carved wall art in Jebel Akhdar
What You Can Expect
First stop is Barka, a small town with its own fort dating back to the 18th century. The fortress was built by the third Imam of the Al Bu Said dynasty who established Muscat as the new capital of Oman. Today Barka is known for its lively fish market and the popular Omani Halwa sweet.
Afterwards, we head to the village of Rustaq to visit Al Hazm Castle, a prominent reminder of Oman’s proud history, enduring heritage, and is an example of architectural artistry. Buckle up for an off-roading adventure driving on narrow tracks leading to Wadi Sahtan valley, an area surrounded by small villages in the middle of the mountains. Discover petroglyphs on the rock walls and follow the serpentine tracks of Wadi Bani Awf valley to admire the beauty and views of the Hajar Mountains.
- Full day private tour
- Entrance fees
- Guided Tour
Operation Days: Daily
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Timings: 08:00 h
Meeting Point: Your hotel or accommodation in Muscat
Distance: 350 km
Know Before You Go
- Private tour in a 4x4
- Can stop for food at a local spot (meal is at your own expense)
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, please dress conservatively
- Not recommended for pregnant women or people with back injuries as the off-roading can cause a discomfort (call or email to check if you feel this may apply to you)
- Personal Expenses
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.