The Cultural Heart of the Emirates (5h)
- Important Info
Journey to the "Pearl of the Gulf", Sharjah. Explore landmarks such as the large King Faisal Mosque, Heritage Museum and shop around for souvenirs at a traditional souk.
At a Glance
- Visit the King Faisal Mosque
- Explore an old fort
- Learn about the Emirati culture at a heritage museum
- Roam around the traditional marketplaces of Al Arsa, Blue, and Al Markazi Souk
What You Can Expect
This tour will take you to Sharjah, the neighboring emirate of Dubai, also known as the “Pearl of the Gulf”. Start with a photo-stop at the magnificent Al Noor Mosque on Al Buhaira Corniche. Then proceed to the largest mosque in Sharjah, the King Faisal Mosque.
Visit the Islamic Civilization Museum, a centre dedicated to celebrating the Islamic contributions to the World Heritage. Wander through galleries displaying carefully restored artifacts from around the Muslim world.
Drive to the Old Town for the chance to stroll through a traditional marketplace at Souk Al Arsa market. At the Sharjah Heritage Museum you will get a glimpse into a traditional Emirati family home and typical Arabian Gulf architecture. Before returning, you have time to explore Souk Al Markazi, an Arabian treasure trove of jewelry, carpets and handicrafts.
- Dubai hotel transfers
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee to Sharjah Fort and Sharjah Museum
Operation Days: Wednesday
Duration: 5 hours
Meeting Point: Pick up from your hotel in Dubai
Departure Time: 07:30 h
Return Time: approx 12:30 h
Tour Type: Sharing Basis
Know Before You Go
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Ladies visiting the mosque should cover their head with a scarf and not wear sleeveless outfits.
- Men visiting the mosque should wear long trousers.
- No shorts or beachwear when visiting the mosque.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case, confirmation will be sent as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.