Classic Salalah (4h)
- Important Info
Explore the birthplace of Sultan with a half-day tour discovering Salalah’s greatest cultural highlights and unique landscape.
At a Glance
- Visit a 7th and 14th century historical site
- See the Sultan’s mosque and palace
- Search for souvenirs at an authentic Arabian souk
- Relax in a serene oasis that bares fruit
- Travel back to Oman’s past with artifacts at Salalah museum
What You Can Expect
Today’s excursion leads you through Salalah, the largest city in the Dhofar region and the “perfume capital of Arabia”. Salalah is also the birthplace of Sultan Qaboos, we will pass by his lavish Salalah palace during your tour.
For those who have not seen the Grand Mosque in Muscat, the journey starts with a visit to the Sultan Qaboos Mosque. Next stop is the archaeological park with the ruined city of Al Baleed The city is a UNESCO world heritage site and once was a famous port for exporting frankincense and myrrh between the 7th and 14th century. Attached to the archaeological park is the Salalah Museum which houses many fascinating artifacts from that period.
Explore Haffa souk where the aromas of the orient come together. Whilst there marvel at the intricate artistry of the oriental gold and silver handicrafts, taste the flavours of the food souk, and dare to venture into the meat souk.
End of the tour with a scenic drive to the luscious fruit plantations. We’ll stop at a fruit stall for a refreshing drink of coconut directly from the nut or try the small sweet local bananas, papayas, and guavas.
- Private half-day tour
- Entrance fees
Operation Days: Daily except Fridays
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Timings: 09:00 h
Meeting Point: Your hotel and accommodation in Salalah
Know Before You Go
- Private tour in a saloon, 4x4 or minibus
- Before photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but keep in mind that if visiting the mosque to please wear loose fitting long clothing that cover your ankles, wrists, and a headscarf for women
- Tour is not available on Fridays
- Personal Expenses
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.