Turtles by Night (9h)
- Important Info
The fishing village of Ras Al Jinz and natural reserve for turtles is considered one of the best-known beaches in which turtles go to lay their eggs in Oman. Come along with us to witness the migrating turtles nest on the shores of Oman and if you’re lucky you may get to see baby turtles hatching out of their eggs and start their journey into the ocean.
At a Glance
- A beautiful coastal drive Muscat to Ras Al Jinz Nature Reserve (return included)
- Watch sea turtles come out of the ocean to nest
- Learn more about these creatures at the Museum and research laboratories
- A dinner can be included
What You Can Expect
Witness the magical experience of sea turtles coming to shore to lay their eggs at the Ras al Jinz Nature Reserve. Visitors can observe this spectacle without disturbing the creatures at one of the largest nesting sites near the Indian Ocean. Visit the turtle sanctuary and learn about the wonders of these ancient creatures at the interactive museum that doubles as a research laboratory.
- Private guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Tour in saloon or minibus
Days of Operation: Daily
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Timings: 1600h
Meeting Point: Your hotel or accommodation in Muscat
Know Before You Go
- Tour in a saloon or minibus
- Please be conscientious of the turtles and follow all instructions given on the day
- A dinner can be arranged before watching (Optional)
- Dinner (can be arranged)
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.